Wednesday, August 2, 2023

FUNDAMENTAL COGNITIVE COMMONSENSE ALGORITHMS FOR GOALS -

1) I want X (I know of the state beforehand of being possible) -> What do I need for that? 2) I don't want X (Here you want the “opposite” of something. Here you don't QUITE have a perfect or an exact idea of what state you want. The goal is to just eliminate/undo the present state) -> What do I need to get rid of for that? Note : If at any conclusion-state the conclusion is “readily” available/possible in that state, ACT/EXECUTE IT. (This is the barest minimum commonsense). Then continue the above process. Example for Type 2 - My desk is unclean. Goal : I don't want my desk to be unclean. (Type 2). Autoresponse : What do I need to get rid of for that? Ans : Dirt. Conclusion : So I want to get rid of the dirt. This again becomes type 1. Autoresponse : What do I need for that? Ans : A cloth/rag. Conclusion : So I need a cloth. This is type 1. Autoresponse : What do I need for a cloth? Ans : I need to go to where it is kept. Conclusion : So I need to go to where it is kept. This is type 1. Autoresponse : What do I need to go to where it is kept? Ans : I need to walk. Conclusion : So I need to walk. If this is readily available (unless say, you are surrounded by a mess of furniture touching you on all sides preventing you from moving. Or say your legs are injured), ACT. Note that this function is in fact checked at every conclusion-state above. It fails at every earlier conclusion state (you cannot readily get rid of the dirt (i.e. it’s not going to disappear on its own), you cannot readily get a cloth (it's not going to fly and pop up into your hands) - if it does it (say, someone throws it at just that moment) ACT and continue the ‘process’, and you are not automatically going to land at the place where the cloth is kept). After you reach the place where the cloth is kept, the above process repeats. Also note that all the ‘Ans’ at every stage at retrieval of bare commonsense knowledge, which is behaving like a maximum-squeezed-version of the chain of commonsense thinking. Example for type 1 - I am somewhere nearby a building complex. Goal : I want to enter the building complex. Type 1. (I know that building complexes can be entered. This is the state known beforehand being possible). Autoresponse : What do I need for that? Ans - Gate/entrance. (This comes from the commonsense knowledge piece : A building complex has a gate to enter from.) Conclusion : Look for the gate/entrance.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home