Monday, August 2, 2021

Consciousness

What is the most basic cognitive navigation mode in life? What’s the basic zero-state level of cognitive activity going on when you enter your friend’s office or a restaurant or the waiting area of a movie theater? In my view there are two things here. Firstly there is always an awareness of the context i.e. where am I? So this is simply like I am on the street, I am in my friend’s office, I am in my bedroom or I am in a movie hall etc. That canopy is always in an activated state at the back of your head. The second part is that this context dictates or brings forth commonsense specific to that context. So as you move around the place if you see things which are in tune with the commonsense of the context which you are aware of (about being where you are) you just pass by that data; if something goes against that commonsense you stop and take a note (and say make comments, remarks or ask queries). So when you enter your friend’s father’s office the computers and the wires will be simply passed by via the filter-check of commonsense of that context, but a say a pet dog would make you abruptly take note since it violates commonsense of the office- context. So the question at the back of the mind when you come across anything as you scan your vision across or move around is whether that is commonsense, of that context. This is the most fundamental thing we are always doing or the mode we are always in.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home